Monday, February 20, 2006

Uganda Elections on 23 February 2006

The election in Uganda is to be held in three days, on 23 February. While I have not been doing all that good a job of keeping up with it (there have been other things taking precedence, like making sure I pull this degree), here are some of the recent articles that I have come across.
Tear gas fired at Besigye rally from the BBC
UPDF Trucks Ram Into Besigye Crowd from The Monitor via AllAfrica.com
Besigye protests as his guards are changed from The Monitor

So a quick comment on the election… I can conceive of no way that Besigye will win, or maybe I should say that I can conceive of no way Museveni will allow himself to lose. But we shall see. No matter what, I have a feeling that the next year or so in Uganda will be filled with interesting happenings.

No comments: