Monday, February 20, 2006

At Long Last, I Return

Hey there everybody. If anybody still comes by these parts… So it seems that I have not posted in more or less forever. So what has happened in the last 3 months? Well, I live through finals and got everything in. Classes ended up well more or less, though I yet again just got killed in my international law class. Ugh. There is a reason I am not in law school. Mainly because I am not very good at it.

So Molly and I went down to Phoenix to see Pat and Jenn, as well as mom and dad. It was very nice to see everybody, and to be someplace nice and warm. Everybody is doing very well and we had a lot of fun.

We then came back to beautiful Boston and started up the final semester. It has been a long first month. I am in the midst of trying to crank out my thesis, and I will be very happy when that goes away. The most difficult part of the whole thing was the realization that I was on the wrong track for about 2 months, and had wasted a lot of time and energy. But there is nothing to be done for it. I went to see Peter Uvin, my advisor, about changing my topic when the frustration got to the final boiling point and I just wanted to smash things. He more or less told me “No.” But we talked about it and I realized where I had gone wrong, and am diligently working away at it. The hope now is that the final product is not something that I cringe when I turn it in. And the sooner it is turned in the better. Having this hanging over me is not making school a whole lot of fun (though I am sure I will look back at this semester and laugh some day).

I spent this last weekend in Washington, DC for job stuff. It went well, all in all. The goal of the trip was to meet people and make some contacts for the future, and that seemed good. Now the real process of finding a job is upon me. At times it seems almost hopeless. But it is a lot like the thesis. The thesis will get written, for better or for worse, and a job will be found, hopefully for the better and hopefully one that will allow me to pay for this fancy education. But we shall see.

I certainly will try and update this thing a little bit more regularly in the future. But one never can tell….

So cheers all. And if any of you know any international non-governmental organizations that are looking for somebody like me, be sure to send them my way.

So here is Pat on Christmas. Is that not a sweet shirt, or what?














Here we all are for the family picture.














And the dancing queen at Fiesta Latina at school.

No comments: