Friday, August 19, 2005

Send my Teacher to School Project

Hi there everybody. I am going to try and run a bit of a fundraiser for a very good friend of mine. My Runyankore teacher, Richard, is trying to raise funds to get his master's degree. I agreed to see if I can get people to contribute $10 or maybe $20 to this endeavour. He was absolutely essential in helping me during my time in Peace Corps, first and foremost as my language instructor, which I eventually used to pass my language proficiency test at Fletcher. As well, he was a fabulous resource for me when I had questions about different things that I would experience and see that I found confusing.

Here is a little that I had Richard write about himself:

Most Ugaphilles, as Paul would call you all who have ended your Peace Corps service in Uganda probably know or remember me as 'Richard of the Runyankore Krew'. But actually, my real name is Richard Nuwagira. I am heading to school to pursue an MSC in Population and Reproductive Health (PRH) program at Makerere University in Uganda for two years. It is a new course at this prestigious University that seeks to create a cadre of well trained "value chain creators" capable of participating meaningfully in reproductive health service extension and related public health programming in the country. I could not choose a better skill and information packed course anchored in real world practicum.

He is trying to raise about USD800 in total for his fees, but every little bit helps. So if anybody can spare a little bit we will see what we can do to assist in this endeavour.

If you have any questions or would like to contribute, please drop me an email at: eitumba@yahoo.com or my other email account, which I don't really want to post online here. I can also put you in contact with Richard personally if you want to communicate with him directly.

Thanks everybody:

Ian
Co-sponsor: Paul, RPCV Uganda

No comments: